McKissack & McKissack
This position is responsible for the management and performance of project control, cost, scheduling, risk management, and document control tasks. The candidate will implement a Project Controls System on large, complex projects and programs, and assist in establishing operational policies and procedures. This position will supervise a team of Project Controls personnel to ensure compliance with program requirements. Partners with Project Managers to ensure complete awareness of project schedule, cost, and risks and provide alternative strategies for mitigation. Candidate will be placed in the position of presenting themselves and company to the client in a professional manner. The candidate will ensure the West Region is performing project controls to align with McKissack Corporate policies and procedures.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide supervision of a project or multiple projects to achieve corporate vision
- Manages a Project Controls Team for large Construction Program
- Ensure project implementation as well as work packages and constraints are accurately integrated into project planning scenario
- Responsible for developing metrics of success and deliverables – alignment entails top-down vision, goals, and objectives from business strategy flowing through to successful completion of projects for program objectives.
- Create a collaborative partnership among executive leaders and portfolio stakeholders and enables resource demand planning, change management, and project pipeline planning decisions.
- Responsible for monitoring progress and producing accurate projections of time and cost
- Responsible for optimization of performance across program platforms to achieve the best functional and technical value.
- Maintain data quality in all aspects of the program / project.
- Ensure other functions have access to accurate current reports and projections and relevant reports are available for the customer
- Management of all program or project financial elements to include budgets, estimates, change management, and overall cost control
- Support Project Managers to align project budgets to conform with the program,
- Aligns with planning to ensure forecasted cost risks are accurately captured
- Supervises maintenance of register of potential cost risks
- Supervises maintenance of register of actual and committed costs
- Check and control cost movements, compares with current scope and progress as well as with previous forecast.
- Alert functional cost owners of risks and supports risk mitigation
- Present all financial data in a transparent way, attends project and management review to present cost status
- Support change order calculations to ensure cost estimates are accurate
- Update changes in appropriate systems to ensure costs are aligned to the current situation
- Support project close out and claims
- Maximize the efficiency and proper use of all project software.
- Prepare detailed construction or program schedules.
- Identify Work Breakdown Structures for Projects & Programs
- Manage controlled distribution of printed and electronic information including drawings, specifications, and addenda etc. for the program.
- Develop and run daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly processes and reports as required.
- Provide assistance to McKissack management as requested and needed.
- Daily interaction with McKissack staff at all levels.
- Responsible for the confidentially and non-disclosure of McKissack information.
- Provide superior internal and external customer service.
- Responsible for assisting with business development initiatives, proposal development which may include assisting with plans, specifications, engineering, and financial terms.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to communicate effectively, build consensus, facilitate working sessions and meetings, and negotiate solutions and alternatives
- Ability to maintain favorable public relations and perform problem / issue resolution
- Complete knowledge of project management principles, concepts and practices
- Knowledge of design and construction concepts and terminology
- Ability to gather and analyze facts, draw conclusions, define problems and suggest solutions
Qualified candidates must have previous experience on well-known projects and/or with well-known organizations within the Rail / Transportation sector.
Candidates must have the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university is required.
- Professional Certification (e.g., professional engineering licenses and memberships). AACEI, PMI or ASPE Certifications preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in a Program Controls position in a Program & Construction Management organization, during all phases of construction of Rail / Transportation programs.
- Proven experience with clients, and vendors, direct reports, and team management.
- Proven experience in the analysis, development, documenting and training of staff in project procedures that adhere to industry best practices.
- Complete working knowledge of industry Program and Project Management software; Primavera P6, Microsoft Office Suite, required.
Work in and around a construction work site / field office. Lift large size drawings and specifications approximately 20 – 40 pounds. Travel to sub consultant’s office for work assignments as needed.
If interested, please send resume & qualifications to email@example.com