The Senior Estimator is responsible for providing cost estimates for Airport and Travel Plaza Food & Beverage and Retail facilities; and performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management. This is an exempt position and typically reports to the Sr Director Estimating & Procurement.
HMSHost is part of Autogrill S.p.A. - the world's largest provider of food and beverage services for travelers. Along with the rest of the Autogrill Group, we are recognized industry leaders who create innovative dining locations at airports and on motorways worldwide. Take the first step in an exciting career with HMSHost at their corporate headquarters located in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Produces detailed estimates for renovations and conversions of Food & Beverage and Retail locations
- Reviews drawings and provides updated estimates to ensure we are within budget, or if not, identifies the magnitude of the cost over-run.
- Analyzes general contractor bids and scope changes for accuracy in quantities and pricing
- Provides input and recommendations for the development and maintenance ofestimating models in Constructware and Excel
- Provides value engineering (VE) ideas/suggestions as needed during all stages of a project
- Analyzes bid-spreads for project against budget and areas of concern or issues; presents analysis to Team Leaders and Project Directors
- Creates and updates actual costdatabase for all brand and facility types
- Creates and maintains project costs database
- Creates and maintains reports that tracks performance against the established budgets
- Works with the Procurement and Design teams to ensure the accuracy of our estimates and review the renderings and floor plans to ensure we are still on budget.
- Works with Design, Procurement, Project Management, The Concept group, Finance and the Developers to ensure a successful outcome on all of our projects.
- REQUIRES A BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN RELATED FIELD
- Requires minimum of 4 years of experience estimating construction projects
- Must have strong computer skills, proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook programs. Must also know how to use Pivot tables and analyze project costs.Use of FTP sites is a plus
- Requires ability to travel; position requires approximately 20% travel
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
- Competitive compensation
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision care, long term disability, short term disability, and life insurance
- Flexible spending account for health expenses
- Family member benefits include: medical, dental, vision care and life insurance
- Paid vacation & Flex-Time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- We promote from within
- Credit union membership