Our Team is seeking a Chief Estimator to lead the estimating service in our Alexandria, VA office. The ideal candidate has deep experience estimating large projects, is well connected with the Metro Washington DC Corporate Real Estate market, and capable of P&L management.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #13 largest Project Management Company and #11 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise - It’s in our DNA.
- Oversees the direction of the cost estimating service in Alexandria, VA.
- Collaborates with estimating leadership in hub offices.
- Develops and implements the estimating business development plans and activities.
- Develops proposals for new opportunities in accordance with commercial policies and guidelines.
- Organizes, coordinates and manages required staff resources to complete estimate report deliverables.
- Acts as lead interface with client and related project team members.
- Manages projects in relation to Faithful+Gould fee structure.
- Provides guidance to all staff involved in a project.
- Reviews project financials and provides accurate forecasts on a monthly basis.
- Reviews deliverables for completeness and provides overall quality assurance check prior to issuance of report. Reviews benchmark information and provides global check of reports. Summarizes variances and identifies key estimate cost drivers for project team review.
- Leads estimate and budget reconciliation efforts with Owner and their project construction team.
- Provides support to office level leadership as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or a related field
- 15 years of related experience in construction
- Must be proficient in the use of MII and Success Estimating software
- Must be highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision making abilities.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Must have strong skills in use of estimating and takeoff software.
- Requires knowledge of local construction market in area of operation including pricing conventions and trends.
- Requires ability to prepare conceptual cost model estimates from limited information using local historic cost information.
- Understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Microsoft Office Suite.
- A professional designation such as RICS, CCE, CCM, AIA, PE, ASPE, AACEI, CVS, AVS, LEED AP or RA is preferred.
Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
- competitive salary
- broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- generous time-off benefits
- 401 (k) with employer match
- flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of assignment demands
- career development opportunities through our corporate university
- highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program
- valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply.
Parent Company: ATKINS www.atkinsglobal.com/en-GB/north-america