McKissack & McKissack
McKissack & McKissack is looking for a motivated individual to join their expanding nationwide team! The Director of Scheduling will be responsible for marketing and promoting for expansion the schedule and claims group within the PM/CM Practice.
About the Firm
McKissack & McKissack is a national architectural, engineering, program and construction management firm with 25 years of experience working with clients to envision and deliver building and infrastructure projects that enrich people’s lives and empower communities to flourish.
They will develop new clientele and interfacing with existing clients. Responsible for developing detailed design, engineering and construction critical path schedules (CPM) via Primavera. Update and maintain schedules at regular intervals, identify and record the impact of work performed, and/or not performed as scheduled. Develops, generates, updates, and provides overall management of various types of program master and project schedules, site staging, and logic plans. Provide resource/cost loading of project schedules. Prepares proposal schedules while interfacing with other departments. Lead the analysis and preparation of complex construction claims and executes construction claims service. Produce standard and customized reporting based on McKissack & McKissack standards and client needs. Provide training to McKissack & McKissack employees.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify and secure new clients to expand the scheduling and claims group
- Conduct client meetings.
- Provide client presentations.
- Work with clients to establish goals, scope, workplans.
- Prepare detailed Baseline and Master Program schedules.
- Perform as required schedule updates and document progress in narrative format.
- Review baseline schedules for reasonableness, prepare reports on schedule deficiencies
- Review contractor schedule submittals for conformance with contract and constructability.
- Review baseline and update submissions for adherence to recognized good scheduling practices in relation to: cost loading, schedule
- content, use of relationships and lag, constraints, and milestones.
- Perform schedule impact analysis for contractor change orders and conduct schedule negotiations for contractor change orders and
- Perform Earned Value analysis.
- Prepare manpower and spending forecast curves utilizing schedule data
- Provide conceptual schedules for proposal development
- Assist McKissack & McKissack project managers in schedule development and or review of contractor schedules
- Cost and Resource load schedules as requested.
- Maintain Cost loaded schedules for use with project or program invoicing.
- May perform Job Site walks to verify physical progress on site.
- Review, evaluate, and reject or approve contractor recovery schedules
- Conduct training for McKissack & McKissack employees and clients.
- Development and maintenance of client relationships
- Provide assistance to McKissack management as requested and needed
- Daily interaction with McKissack staff at all levels
- Responsible for the confidentially and non-disclosure of McKissack information
- Provide superior internal and external customer service
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Demonstrated initiative and customer focus skills
- Working knowledge of CPM scheduling – experience and expertise with Primavera P6, P3Understands the Critical Path and delay analysis
- Ability to be flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Competent in handling simultaneously occurring tasks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Possess analytical and mathematical skills, quick thinking and a solid understanding of the main principles of engineering, construction and architecture
- Knowledge of design and construction concepts and terminology
- Ability to read drawings, ability to determine if work is in or out of scope, and understand terms and conditions of the contract to determine compensability, as well as concurrent delays
- Ability to maintain favorable public relations and perform problem / issue resolution
- Ability to gather and analyze facts, draw conclusions, define problems and suggest solutions
- Ability to travel to project sites to perform updates.
- Strong problem solver and decision making skills
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Minimum 15 years construction scheduling experience on government and commercial construction projects and programs
- Minimum 5 years experience in analyzing and prepare responses to complex construction claims
- Proven ability to build a CPM schedule with only plans and specs
- Must understand cost management, quantity tracking and forecasting
- Highly detailed oriented individual with a proven organizational skills
Please send resumes and qualifications to email@example.com if interested