Downey & Scott
Downey & Scott is seeking a Construction Cost Consultant/Estimator,with 5+ years of experience in large scale projects for their estimating services division. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in commercial construction, quantity surveying, management/engineering or architecture and civil engineering.
Please review the requirements below, and if qualified submit your resume along with a brief cover letter summarizing your qualification and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Firm
Downey & Scott, LLC is a Construction Management Services firm with over 30 years of experience in the industry, and conveniently located in Warrenton, Virginia. Their teams of experts specialize in Cost Estimating, Value Engineering, and Project/Program Management Services.
- 5+ years estimating, or project management experience on large-scale building projects. Field experience preferred but not required.
- A college degree in a construction related field preferred
- Demonstrated client management, communication and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and quality
- Ability to think strategically, plan and problem solve
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Microsoft Project and Excel
- Desire for career growth
- Ability to learn new software skills
- Perform cost and risk management consulting services
- Prepare cost reports
- Perform quantity take-offs
- Analyze and negotiate claims and change orders
- Analyze design proposals and propose alternatives
- Participate in value engineering efforts
- Manage projects from feasibility to close out
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Assist in recruitment of future staff
- Participate in continuous professional development programs