Downey & Scott
Downey & Scott is seeking a commercial Mechanical/Plumbing Estimator with 5+ years of experience in large scale public and private projects for their estimating services division. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in quantity surveying, construction/project management, mechanical and plumbing.
Please review the requirements below, and if qualified submit your resume along with a brief cover letter summarizing your qualification and salary requirements to: email@example.com
About the Firm
Downey & Scott, LLC is a Construction Management Services firm with over 30 years of experience in the industry, and conveniently located in Warrenton, Virginia. Their teams of experts specialize in Cost Estimating, Value Engineering, and Project/Program Management Services.
- 5+ years estimating experience on small and large-scale building projects. Field experience preferred but not required.
- Aspects of mechanical systems that should be known: equipment (air handlers, boilers, chillers, cooling towers, rooftop units, split systems, VRF and VRV systems), piping (hydronic, refrigerant, geothermal, condensate, steam), ductwork (galvanized, black iron, spiral, aluminum), control/BAS systems, balancing, and insulation.
- Aspects of plumbing systems that should be known: fixtures (water closets, urinals, lavatories, sinks, art/science sinks, water heaters, drains (floor & roof)), domestic water piping, DWV piping, storm drain piping, medical gas (oxygen, air, vacuum, nitrogen) piping, gas piping and insulation.
- Demonstrated communication and organization skills.
- The ability to work within a team of professionals to deliver a quality and complete estimate
- Ability to lead projects and manage resources
- Ability to think strategically, plan and problem solve, as well as learn new software applications
- Ability to interpret conceptual and schematic construction drawings, narratives and outlines
- Attention to detail and quality control
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Project and Word
- Experience in On-Screen Takeoff Software/BIM Technology