The National Chapter Section (NCS) of AACEI started the fiscal year 2018-2019 with a bang. First on behalf of all members I would like to congratulate and thank our past president Mr. Regis Fox for his exemplary leadership over the past two (2) years which resulted in our section winning the platinum award among all Sections of AACEI. Also, I would like to congratulate and introduce the other Officers-Board Members of NCS who will play a big part of initiating and executing our plan for the year.
Moving forward, we are partnering with the AACEI Baltimore Section for our programs and correspondences. We will share in the opportunities for meeting and connection since many of us commute up and down the I-95 corridor each day. Our Boards will work together to find meeting opportunities that split the travel difference, and we will make our webinars available to all who cannot make it in person.
Regis Fox – Past President
Michael Mercell – Vice-President
Srini Vanga – Secretary
Michael Pruitt – Treasurer
Agenda / Goals for 2018-2019:
· Live Technical Sessions – target Nine for the year, Fiscal year starts in June
· Virtual On-Line Meetings for all members on subject matter related to cost estimating
· Monthly officers and Board members conference call
· Officers Meetings – meet quarterly
Membership Outreach and Growth
· Ensure more members attend the technical sessions as well be more involved
· Enroll new members – target colleges and other organizations
· Joint collaborations with other chapter organizations, such as SAME, CMAA, SAVE
· Meet Owners to highlight importance of cost estimating, scheduling, risk management,
earned value management and other tools of AACEI
NCS – Sponsorship and Scholarship
· Reach out to maximize sponsorships
· Continue to provide Scholarship for three (3) students and promote student membership and participation
We completed two (2) very informative and interactive technical sessions in August (VDOT’s new Policy of Independent Government Estimate for all Change Orders) and September (What is Earned Value Management (EVM) & Why Should I Care (as a Cost Estimator) in collaboration with College of Professional Management.
We have an excellent technical session for October (The Value of VE in Today’s Construction Environment) by Mr. Tom Orr with MBP.
In Person and Webinar Tickets available below. You will earn .25 credits towards re-certification through your attendance.
We also are looking for new Section sponsorships for the calendar year. Please contact email@example.com if interested.
New Job Postings
Yes. here is the link.
AACEI NCS is pleased to offer job postings on its website and through its section email distributions for $50 each for a 60 day period. Sponsor firms receive this benefit for free. Reply to this email for further information.
Please feel free to reach out to me or anyone on the board if you have any questions or suggestions on how we can provide a better experience for you.
Chowdhary S. Gondy